Being Libertarian is happy to announce its first ever online article competition. From 5 to 20 January 2017, we will be hosting the first Jefferson Liberty Competition, where individuals from across the world can compete to win an aluminum art piece featuring a Thomas Jefferson quote.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. – Thomas Jefferson
In order to stand a chance to win, entrants must submit an article that adheres to the criteria listed below.
The competition will run from 5 January to 20 January, when submissions will be accepted. On 25 January, the Editorial Board will announce the top 10 article submissions, all of which will be published on BeingLibertarian.com. Then, from 25 January until 30 January, the Being Libertarian community will vote for the top article. The author will then be the winner of this Thomas Jefferson art piece:
To be eligible, contributors must answer the following four-part question:
- How and why does liberty allow individual empowerment, and why should this matter?
- How does social liberty benefit society?
- How does economic liberty benefit society?
- Why does liberty matter to you, personally?
All four parts of this question must be answered.
- The article may not be shorter than 500 or longer than 1500 words.
- The questions must not be answered as if this is an examination or test. The article must flow.
- The questions need not be directly answered. It must simply be evident to the Editorial Board that your article, in fact, answers all four questions.
- The article must be in understandable English.
- The article must be in either a .doc, .docx, or .odt format.