Welcome back to another Being Libertarian Global News Roundup. This week you can read about the tragedy in New Zealand, updates on Brexit, Jussie Smollett updates and more of all the crazy things that go on in this world of ours.
- In the city of Christchurch, New Zealand, an attack by a self-proclaimed terrorist has claimed the lives of almost 50 people and has shocked the world as the video (filmed with a GoPro) and his manifesto has gone viral following his attacks on 2 mosques. Read more on this story here.
- Relations between the US and North Korea have begun to decline after a summit in Vietnam between the leader of these two countries. Read more on this story here.
- The Supreme Court in Iowa has officially declared that sex changes need to be covered under Medicaid as to do otherwise would be discriminatory. Read more on this story here.
- Facebook has come under fire for censorship yet again as the website ZeroHedge has accused them of censoring their content. Read more on this story here.
- Two governors, Jay Inslee of Washington and John Hickenlooper of Colorado, joined the 2020 field of presidential candidates.
- Jussie Smollett, the Empire actor that faked a hate crime against himself, now has a 16-count indictment against him as per the grand jury.
- It appears the fires that burned up supplies in Venezuela were actually started by a protester’s Molotov cocktail, and not by loyalist forces. Read more on these stories here.
- A public debate was held over the banning of the old South African Flag between Nelson Mandela Foundation CEO Sello Hatang and AfriForum’s Deputy CEO Ernst Roets. Read more on this story here.
- The launch of the new Capitalist Party of South Africa took place, and we have the details on their party here.
- Brexit has, yet again, been delayed by parliament with an official request to the EU to extend Article 50.
- in Ireland, an as of yet unnamed soldier has officially been charged for two murders related to Bloody Sunday.
- Electroshock experiments on prisoners in Spain have finally come to an end. Read more on these and other stories here.
Know of a story we didn’t cover? Have a general interest in writing? If so visit beinglibertarian.com/contribute to find out how to start writing for us!
Latest posts by Killian Hobbs (see all)
- Being Libertarian Appoints New Editor-In-Chief - July 19, 2021
- Fact-Checking Failures & The Issue of Bias With USA TODAY - May 22, 2020
- Mass Shooting, Global Tensions Rising, & Retribution For Bloody Sunday - March 17, 2019